Monday, July 27, 2009

Red & Yellow Hello

I'm following the sketch at Dare U 2 Digi Stamp and using Fred She Said's free stamp. I colored it with my prisma markers and I'm quite proud of the pot's highlighting. :) The red/black paper came from Lindsay's Page Kit (it's the Black and White kit, but when printed on red paper you get red & black). I next chose a yellow scrap to use Paper Craft Planet's color challenge to use Red and Yellow. Then I hunted up a new sheet of plastic canvas since my youngest son cut up my scrap piece , to pierce the cardstock in a zig zag pattern. I took a red metalic gel pen and faux stitched the zig zags. The speckles at the top of the card is not suppose to be there. I need to clean the glitter off my scanner. I've seen the swiffer duster has been recommended as a good glitter catcher so I guess it will be my next "craft supply" purchase.

9 comments:

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Pretty card, Cheri! I think you did a great job coloring too! Thanks for entering :)

Hugs, Fred

Donna said...

Lovely, bright cheery card Cheri, fab stripey paper! Thanks for playing along with DU2DS this week :) Donna x

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

WOW! that's some startling stripes LOL Love how you tied everything in together. Fred She Said is some pretty cool florals. That freebie is very sweet!

Michelle said...

Wow - really vibrant, cheer you up card Cheri with a great image! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week
x Michelle

Beth said...

Such a bright and fun card and your colouring is fab!

Beth xx

Larissa said...

Great card Cheri! Love your stripey paper and the image is really lovely. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This is great Cheri! Don't cha just love freebies!!

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Cheri and such a lovely image by Fred! I think your colouring is wonderful, you really got some great shading on the pot and the stripey paper is so cheerful. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris :)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous bright and cheerful card - love it!