Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Orange Thank Ewe

I've been working on my blog side bar, updating links and organizing them differently so that's why I was able to get three challenges into this card.

First I saw Pile it On's challenge to use orange colors then I saw that the Pink Elephant wanted animals (which if you've been following my blog for the past couple of months, you know exactly what animal I'm doing) for their 24th challenge. And last, but not least, I used the sketch from Delightful Sketches. Even though square isn't my normal card size/shape because I don't have an envelope, I just couldn't see this sketch changed to a rectangle.
The Curly Ewe stamp is from Bella stamps as is the phrase. The cardstock base is light orange 12x12 that I cut 10 x 5 to make a square card. Then I used a Tangarine color cat eye ink pad to stamp the image and ink the edges. I used a yellow/orange printed paper from a card magazine to make my squares. I matted everything in solid orange because I doubted that any designs would show up. I topped it off with a pre-fabricated Martha Stewart ribbon from Walmart.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Cheri,
ewe so kind for playing with us!!!! THat is one cute card and one cute sheep!

Thanks for Playing with us!

-- dalis

Pile it On! Owner

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What an adorable stamp!

I saw on your bio on the right column of your blog that you love reading. Me too! So many books, so little time.... ;-)

Tracey said...

Sweet card, that sheep is soo cute :-)

x

Wendy Hall said...

What a fabby card and great colors too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Sketches!!

csroyal said...

Such a cute card! Very nicely done! Glad you could join us at Delightful Sketches.

Anonymous said...

you are rockin the challenges girl! Love the orange!

Stephanie said...

lovely card, thanks for playing with us at DS this week.

Alysabeth said...

SUPER cute:o) Thanx for playin with us! Hope to see you back next week.

Allison said...

very cute
AllisonX

Wendy Hall said...

Hi Cheri,
Just wanted to let you know that you are the winner of our 3 digi images this week at Delightful Sketches. Please stop by Digital Delights and pick your 3 images and then email me at marwhall@sbcglobal.net and I will send them your way!! Congratulations!!
Wendy

Annie said...

great card.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

by. Amy Schultz said...

cute card! love that lamb :)

Amy -- Pile It On DT

Vickilyn said...

ADORABLE!!!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Vicki
~owner

Maureen said...

Great card - that image is too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Pile It On!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE!!

raindropecho said...

Aww that little lamb is so cute and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect. Great job on the card, and thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Cute card, way to go with the PIO challenge this week!!

Carol said...

Fabulous bright colours to accent oyur cute little sheep! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE :)

Hugs
Carol x

LORi said...

Sweet!!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!!