Monday, July 20, 2009

Corrosive flower basket

I could not get my camera to upload this (I had a hard time getting a shot I even liked) for some reason so it's back to the scanner for this one.
I'm following the sketch for Corrosive Creations. I found the coordinating scraps first, but since they weren't long pieces, I made a smaller, squarer card than I usually do. I inked up the cream cardstock with green and blue inks to make my background. Then I ran the rectangles thru my Xyron (the X shaped one so that gives you a reference as to the size). Then I took the flower basket image that I had colored with colored pencils and cut into an oval, inked the edges with the same blue ink and stuck it down. I added the dots of glue and sprinkled ice blue glitter and got a little too vigerous tapping the excess off because half the dots fell off. I had to redo the dots. I have some clingy glitter to finish brushing off but it's otherwise ready for the sentiment when I need it.

5 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

wow didn't that turn out really pretty. Thanks for playing along.

Janet said...

very pretty card! thanks for playing:)
hugs

Miche said...

Very pretty card, I really like your colours.

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Congratulations on winning the corrosive blog challenge with such a lovely card. Well done you!