Monday, July 13, 2009

CardPatterns Sketch#23

I followed the sketch at CardPatterns and made yet another lamb card for MIL. The lamb is painted with craft paint and as the paint dried I pounced with my finger to make a texture. I colored everything with my Prismsacolor markers (they came Saturday so I have to practice a little). I mounted the image on purple DCWV cardstock (very very thin border around the image). I cut the lt. purple with pink roses paper and then trimmed the bottom edge with decorative sissors (I don't have one of those border punches so I had to improvise). I put a dab of glue along the left side and sprinkled pink glitter. I punched out two circles with flower stamps that I had gotten on from a swap so I dont know where they came from. I added a dab of Matte accents to the center of the purple flower on the top and a dab of glitter glue to the pink flower on the bottom.

Then I made another card for the bonus sketch (scroll down their post for second sketch).
Their main element looked to be a Nestablity die shape which I have a total of ZERO Nesties. I did the best I could with my Creative Memories circle cutter. The green on the side is also CM. The yellow border around my image is paper from a English Card Making magazine that I got at Barns & Noble Bookstore. The image is from Sweet & Sassy digital stamps and I colored it with Prisma markers.

1 comment:

whoistracy said...

Well aren't these animals just adorable!! Love the blingy lamb, such a great idea. Thanks for joining us on CP.