Friday, July 10, 2009

You're Sweet!

Scanner vs. Photo: Again, which is better to you? I'm trying a different background fabric for the photos.
Now for some details of this card. I took some of my cream colored cardstock and took some lime green tissue paper. I crumpled it up and used Elmer's glue to glue it down. I took a second strip of green tissue paper and did the same thing. I printed out my Sweet N Sassy skunk image and colored it with my Bic, Sharpie, Prismacolor and the sky & clouds with Copic markers. I am pretty proud of the shading I did on the skunk and the tree trunk. I also tried a new technique using the colorless blender to make the clouds. I've been reading the ilikemarkers blog and I used this image to try and put to use some of the teachings. After cutting the image out, I adhered it to a piece of Creative Memories paper to mat it. I punched a couple of slits above the image and put the ribbon thru. Then I got some alphabet stamps and stamped the words "You're Sweet" below the image. I had seen someone else's card with a skunk and similar wording (in fact I got it in a swap months ago).

This card is going to be submitted to several challenges.
Use Ribbons at Creative Card Crew Challenge
Sweet Birthdays at Digital Tuesday Challenge
Birthday Card at Whimsy Stamps

14 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, how super cute! The skunk always wins my heart!!! Great card!!!

Maria Matter said...

This is absolutely adorable! The tissue paper was a brilliant idea and your clouds look great! Well done Cheri!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Blessings, Maria

Chrissy D said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Cheri! TFS!

Unknown said...

Darling card. I keep waiting for the skunk to take a bite of the cake!

Ellibelle said...

So gorgeous. Love the image and I love the way your clouds turned out. Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh a FUN card indeed!!! I love it...I must say I prefer the photo over the scanned image....you can get a better view of the photograph

Denise Clark said...

Great technique! The skunk is just adorable. Great card!

Tasha said...

Such a sweet card love the image
thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Ceal said...

adorable!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A really sweet and adorable card Cheri. I love the way you've done the clouds in the sky. Thanks for joining the CCC Challenge.
Sharon xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super cute! Love the image and the colors. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy Challenges. ~ Denise :)

Anonymous said...

This is just SO cute, Cheri! I really like the colors you used, and the beautiful way you colored the scene.

Lora said...

Love that image, so sweet.
thanks for hoining us at the DTC this week.
Lora x

Unknown said...

very pretty