Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ready... Steady...

Here is what I had to do for Ready Steady Stamp (the blog has French and English so I might be able to brush up on my High School French)
And here's my card. Definately out of my "box". I've never worked with newspaper, I had to google how to do a Faux-Batik (luckily I had clear embossing powder) and normally, I don't use different brads but I made them be different shapes and different colors (gold round, antique brass flower, & black square). For the black and gold, I embossed on black and used gold ink to make the clear embossing "pop" but it didn't pop as much as I hoped *it did better on the border cardstock than on the CM striped paper. I put all this on a cream colored cardstock that I rubbed gold ink on the edges and stamped a swirl with gold paint as a border for a gold on gold technique.

If you are the pryaing kind, pray for my brother. Seems something might be wrong with his heart and he's only 35. I just got a call from my Mom. I don't know much yet.

7 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

Great card Cheri !! I have added your link to Mr Linky :o)
isa

Marie said...

nice card!!

Angelnorth said...

Fun design, that was a great stamp for the faux batik technique!

AngelaC said...

Love your cat - he (or she!) is very sinuous! Great work.

nefertiti said...

Original cat! beautiful card!!!

P'tite Plume said...

Nice and beautiful card!

Zoechaos said...

This is so quirky love it. hope you have good news about your brother.