Friday, May 29, 2009

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

I'm so excited! I can't convey in words my level of excitement. "Why?" do you ask? Because I got a blog award! I got it a few days ago, but the rain has been preventing me from just surfing the blogs (one draw back to having a satellite internet connection it's more sensitive than Dish TV to clouds). Plus, you also know from a previous post about my computer troubles.

Anyway Thank you Lindsay for this award. Be sure to check out her blog for freebies and sales. I've bought several of her digital images (right before my computer problems so I haven't had much chance to print things out but I did get one card made earlier (it's the "Thinking of Ewe" card here) and one kit printed (I'll make a birthday card from it to show you later today so check this post later today).

Anyway, I need to do a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows.

A) I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link…Check

B) I must list 10 honest things about myself.
1) Like Lindsay, I am a huge Sci-Fi fan too, but my favorites are Eureka, Babylon 5 (if we had a daughter she would have had Delene as her middle name), Star Wars (my boys love it) Star Trek: Original series, Next Gen., Deep Space 9, Voyager and Enterprise and I've already seen the new Star Trek Movie! :) I usually don't care to watch movies in the theater but I may have to watch "Land of the Lost". I'm not a Will Farrell fan (but I don't dislike him either) but I used to watch the original tv series as a little girl. I even had a 3 ft tall doll that I named Holly.
2) I also like watching Educational stuff like "The Universe", "How the Earth was Made", "Life After People", "Dirty Jobs", "Mythbusters" and "Time Warp"
3) I wish I could create something everyday ;)
4) I have been watching Days of Our Lives since I was 7 or 8 years old.
5) I am more Night Owl than Early Bird. If I could sleep later in the mornings, I'd stay up later at night crafting, but I have to be awake at my school job and on weekends, DH likes to sleep till noon and the youngest DS is still an early riser.
6) I grew up in a tiny town so I can't handle the high traffic volume of Kansas City or St. Louis. Someone else has to do the driving when we go there. I have learned how to handle the highway traffic around me but I still prefer the country lanes where the traffic is so light that you have to watch out for the wildlife.
7) I'm a Jill of all trades and a master of none: I've worked in a Pizza Restaurant (4 years), an insurance office/web design office (I even had my insurance license), and I've worked in a school setting for 5 years, first as a Substitute teacher, and now as a Facilitator.

8) Since, I'm being totally honest, I hate my skin - I still suffer from acne.
9) I hate having to clean up after everyone else - esp. DH's cooking messes
10) I need to exercise more to lose weight (like 40+ pounds)

C) I must put a copy of the The Honest Scrap logo on my blog. Check

D) I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers and list their links. This will be easier than the 10 things about me. :)

Diana already got this award from Lindsay so I guess I shouldn't mention her (in fact I saw that she had the award first before I knew I had it too) but she's a great friend to get together with so I'll give her a "shout out" anyway.

I can't find Diana's pick so I'm not sure if my next person was on Diana's list (I thought she was) Anyway, another good friend to get together with is Lisa

Oops my next choice already got it too:Penny Duncan

This may be harder than I thought. LOL

Mary

Danni

Michelle

Barbara

Stacy

Heather in Florida

Lisa of the quilling patch

Did I have only seven blogs listed? There are more blogs that I could list so if I miscounted and have 8 instead (I did delete one because I had too many but I could still have too many blogs), please forgive me. I do know how to count. LOL

OK, time to feed the kids and then go create my birthday cards (SIL and her DH have birthdays about a week apart so I need some for them) and watch Days of Our Lives.


1 comment:

Diana said...

Yay!! Congrats to you, and thanks for the shout!