Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sorry Kitty, My Heart Belongs to You

The Green card is for a Chalks swap. I made this one a center fold/opening card (I inked the edges so you can see where the card opens). I stamped the flowers on pink or yellow cardstock and cu them out (I must remember to do that on paper next time because it was difficult cutting those tiny areas). I chalked the background behind the flowers and used green chalk inks for the stems and the words.



















I used the challenge on 2RedBananas (but by the time I got the card made, scanned and posted, the Mr.Linky thing was gone) to use stripes (which I love) and the sketch on PaperCraftPlanet (sk050209). I used brownish colored Prima Flowers, a scrap of solid blue cardstock, another scrap of blue/brown striped paper, brown ink for the phrase (I accidentally smeared a little of the ink on the "I" before it was completely dried), and cut a Pop up Glue dot into quarters to adhere the flowers. I colored the image with colored pencils, the light blue for the water in the glass is so light that it looks like it disappeared.

These cards aren't following any sketches or color challenges - I just "threw" them together. The calendar page is for my mom. I have been forgetting to scan the other months after I made them but before I mailed them to her. This month I'm late getting it mailed to her. :(

No comments: