Sunday, June 6, 2010

Keep yer Kool!

This card is perfect for the 16 year old about to get his/her license. I colored Tayla with two brown markers and the tires with a gray marker then paper pieced the car. I used my alcohol inks to make a red/gold paper, a aqua/silver paper and a green/gold paper, then printed the car three times (once on each paper). After cutting the car body in red and the windows in blue, I did the bumper in green. I also cut the eye/headlights from the blue and tongue from red and glued them on top of their proper spaces. To darken up the window seal, I ran the gray marker in that spot. To finish the card off, I rounded the corners, matted it on a green cardstock scrap then on dark red card base.

***********************************


Here's yet another improved quality image from Sew Many Cards. I used PaperCraftPlanet's sketch, and the main colors of orange & blue with a little beige (the scarf is beige although you can barely see it). The MAZEL TOV stamp is by Studio G (love that dollar bin at Michael's and JoAnns) and I used Rubber Stampede dark blue on orange paper to stamp it then cut it out. The blue twine is wax coated jewerly cord and the flowers are Prima Sweet & Sassy Dolly. The papers came from a 8x8 pack that I don't remember the manufacture name but I bought it at Walmart a couple of years ago. Everything was mounted on an orange card base.

You can see the colors better in this photo. The photo above doesn't show you the shadows on the snowballs or the light color of the scarf. However, the detail around the eyes doesn't look right in this one (looks better in other picture). And by getting so close, you can see where some of the background chalk got onto the scarf and cheeks.
Well thanks for looking.

No comments: