Thursday, June 10, 2010

SMC: Christmas in June?????




Sponsor this week:
THE CUTTING CAFE -- OWNER -- REGINA EASTER
URL -- http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com
Prize Package -- Any 3 sets of winners choice

We are suppose to have a Christmas project with a CD to show you today. You would think with my husband a computer tech/administrator I'd be able to have a dozen old CDs but since knowing about this project, there hasn't been a need to discard any. I was browsing Scrapbooks Etc. website the other day and ran across this http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/crafts/cards/birthday-cards-for-adults/?page=5. I thought, "There's my Christmas CD idea."







































I used the following sketches for my front and back CD holder. I can put Christmas music, or photos for family on the CD and give it.













To make the front of my CD holder, I used a Cuttlebug folder for the red snowflakes, a Heidi Swapp sticker ribbon, and the striped paper came from Die Cuts With a View. I colored Morty with my Prisma and Specia glitter markers. The corner holly stamp is a wood mounted stamp by Boyds and I colored it with RoseArt watercolor markers. I also used the same red marker to make the stitch lines around Morty and in the corner.

For the back, I used some of the same stripped DCWV paper and some K&Co. scrap pack paper. The pearls are acrylic disks covered with Adirondack Pearl ink and glued on with Matte Accents.

Thanks for looking. Be sure to check out what everyone else came up with and enter your creation into the challenge blog.

Challenges that I'm entering this card into...
The Wild Flower Patch: Circles, Stripes, Stitches (front of card)
Charisma Cardz: Spots and Stripes (back of card)
I Love Digi Challenge: Anything but a Card
Hand Full of Stamps: Anything cute

13 comments:

kim.mom said...

GREAT JOB as always!

sgc said...

Very cute!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love your CD holder, very Christmassy.....

Lelia Pierce said...

Very cute, Cheri! Thanks for joining us at the Wild Flower Patch!

Hugs,
Lelia

Leanne said...

What an absolutely fab idea!! I love seeing christmas stuff when it isn't Christmas!!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Leanne xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your SMC Christmas project is wonderful! I love the CD holder... it would make a perfect gift!

I'm happy to see you entered it in other challenges, too, like the Crafty Ho's Anything Goes.

Autumn said...

This is a great CD holder, I love it!

Risa said...

What a lovely altered CD holder! Your layout and detailing are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TWFP!
hugs
Risa:)

Tammy Miller said...

Great card! Thanks for joining the Crafty Hos this week! Hope you''ll be back next week! :)

Deanette said...

Really cute, love it!

Paul said...

That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing your project with us at I LOVE DIGI for this fortnights challenge.
Paul

Unknown said...

just wonderful, what great projects
Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful project, and super cute image!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish