Sunday, October 18, 2009

True Beauty set #2

Here's four more for the group submission - fyi, there's been some final additions made before final submission to the group.

I colored the butterfly with red Bic marker and the green Bic marker was used on the leaves. After that, I swiped an ink pad over the image then took a kleenix to dab on the pad and rub more ink into the areas that didn't get much color the first time. All the papers and cardstock came from scraps of DCWV. The felt flowers came from Making Memories 5th avenue collection Elizabeth (red) and Sophie (blue and green) and were attached with Scotch quick dry glue.

The second card was colored with colored pencils and I again used more DCWV scraps. The ribbon came from Oriental Trading Company's ribbon grab bag. Both cards followed previous Amy R. from Prairie Paper and Ink sketches. AMYRS74 and AMYRS7.

This next set uses sketches from other web sites. First , I followed Cutie Sunday for inspriation on this card. The pink paper background is from DCWV. I ran the diagonal piece thru my cuttlebug using the Houndstooth folder. The image was colered with my new Atyou Spica markers. The glitter in those markers tie in with the glitter swirl.The bottom card was colored with colored pencils again. The button came from a Walmart craft grab bag and I tied a couple of strands of embroidery floss in the holes. I used more scraps for the card/paper pieces trying to follow AllSorts Sketch Challenge but not the monochromatic portion of the challenge. The flowers are from Oriental Trading Company.

Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Micki said...

oh girl, those are beautiful!!! Absolutely stunning!

kim.mom said...

These are gorgeous! Good Luck with the magazines!