Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pinks and Brown Sheep

I colored this sheep from lucylearns with colored pencils, then cut it into an oval with my CM cutting system. Using the same oval but different blades I made the mats. I used some printed primas (with weird old catalog looking print) topped it with a pink Oriental Trading paper flower and a Making Memories brad. The background paper came from an English card making magazine that I got at Barns & Nobel.
The Carousel Horse is from a coloring book page that I copied at work and shrunk down to a card size. I colored it during free moments with some apparently very waxy colored pencils. I tried to use Oderless Mineral Spirits and a blending stump back home. Some of the colors (like the blue green and the green) really smeared. They didn't look the same when I finished. It wasn't as bright anymore. Oh well, It's for me the horse lover anyway. I mounted it on the printed digi-paper and then attached it to the light blue cardstock.

1 comment:

Diana said...

These turned out wonderful!

The horse kind of makes me think of that Rainbow Brite horse :D