Saturday, June 27, 2009

Late Father's Day Card

I won't see my dad until next weekend and since he doesn't have internet access, I might as well post his card now that I have my computer back up and running.

I created this sketch for a guest designer spot (hopefully it'll show up soon and I can officially post my sketch and the card I made for it (this is the second card I made with this sketch)):Then I turned the sketch on it's side. I made the hexagon shape be a cut-out to see the inside of the card. I added a patterned paper to the inside then stuck stickers inside to spell out "Happy Father's Day" On the outside, I used watercolor pencils to create the water and waves. I also colored the island. Next I took a piece of plastic that I cut into a cloud shape to create a sky. I didn't use ink and a sponge, but tried to do it with watercolors. I added a prima flower and added Matte Accents to the center. Lastly, I added the "Just for You" rub on sentiment. I'll sign it before I give it to him.

Outside:

Inside:

No comments: