Sunday, October 2, 2011

Progressive Challenge #4 and a B-day Card for little girl

This card is just to show off this amazing "Mystical" design by Daisy Doodles another image in the Crafters Digital Arts Center Progressive Challenge. Besides the Sew Many Cards image, this was my favorite image for this 4th round (as you may remember, I used to be on the design team for SMC until Cub Scouts took away all my free time). I colored it with my colored pencils. Because of the incritracties of the image, I decided the background needed to be simpler.


This is an image from a previous CDAC challenge. It's hard to tell but the dress and shoes are glittery because they were colored with the Specia pens. Also difficult to tell, the flowers have a little Matte Accent dimension on them. The background was made by taking the edges of border stickers and randomly applying them to the card front. The edge of the image circle was edged with red, while the purple circle and the sentiment "plaque" was edged with green.

I forgot to give this card to the little girl it was intended for (hubby rushed us out the door before I was ready) and had to give her a store bought card.

PS Please excuse me for not responding to your comments but Blogger changed something and now I can't stay logged in when I use IE as my web browser.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Both cards are so beautiful.. You did an amazing job coloring them. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

Hugs,
Kate, CDAC DT

Darlene said...

Fabulous! Both creations are fabulous and I love the coloring on the medallion! Thanks for joining us in Round #4 at the Progressive Challenge at CDAC!

Darlene
CDAC Board