music to listen to as I create-feel free to MUTE if you don't want it


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Create-A-Card sketch 10- 25 &18 2011

I have two cards to show since I didn't get last week's card posted. First come the sketches...


And here are the cards I made with these sketches...


On this card I used an ivory pre-cut 5x7 card as my base. I cut a dark teal piece of cardstock about 1/2 inch smaller then ran it through my cuttlebug using a tiny floral folder. Then I used a yellow and dark green printed piece of scrapbook paper and cut too much off so I had to decide if I wanted it to go down near the bottom or up near the top. I decided that the flower at the top could even out the sentiment at the bottom so that's why I arranged it the way I did. I then adhered the paper and used an eyelet to attach the flower. Next I used some of the dark teal that was left over, used some dark teal ink to ink the edges and leave the middle a little lighter for the sentiment. I typed up a quote to use on my computer using MS Word, playing with my fonts and the sizes until I was happy with the results. I printed it off on plain paper, put adhesive on the back of the teal rectangle and stuck it on the plain paper and printed it again. This way I knew exactly where it would print and how it would look. I did trim down the teal piece a little bit because I thought it looked nicer showing more yellow around the edges. Finally, I pounded in the brass eyelets. They aren't scrapbooking eyelets but are suppose to be used in a fabric project but I thought they'd be ok for this. I smooshed them a little too much so I used two more of the same tiny green eyelets that I used on the flower and glued them into the middle of the brass ones. The last thing I did was to glue everything onto the 5x7 base.



Although the sketch has measurements, we didn't have to follow them. This card has a simulated marble background that I created with the Adrondack Alchol inks then used the leftover ink in my blending tool to darken the edges of the red card base. I used a pre-printed sentiment and a former CDAC progressive challenge image that had been colored with alcohol markers.

No comments: