Sunday, March 7, 2010

CAC sketch Lucky 3-9

The sketch and the card made from it.
I colored Lucky Miki (found at Sew Many Cards) with my alcohol markers in just about every shade of green. LOL Gold and Green scrap pack papers were use to mat him. I used my fiskars punch to create my border in a pale green. I managed to find 6 green buttons that were the same (I toyed with two of three different types but did not find a combo I liked). Since I wanted to enter my card in one of the challenges listed below, I colored my white cardstock base with green ink directly from the pad, then colored with a light blue colored pencil the stripes on the bottom third (I didn't want to take a chance on messing everything up so I didn't do the entire card front). I used glossy accents on the shamrock just to make it stand out as something special.

Now for the challenges:
Pile it On: Lucky Me
Challenge Up Your Life: at least 3 buttons and stripes
Crafty Catz: Shades of Green with an Option of St. Patricks Day

Thanks for looking and I love your comments

6 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Cheri
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at Craftycatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

carol said...

hello, lovely card, with a cheeky image, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

Kirsty said...

Cute! brill card thanks for playing with us at cc this week
K xx

Stempelhexe said...

Eine süße Karte, danke fürs Mitmachen.

Gruß
Ulla

biggi-al said...

Your card is really lovely!!! Thanks for joining us at CUYL.

~Jeri~ said...

Looks awesome Cheri! Great coloring with Miki!