Monday, March 22, 2010

CAC sketch 3-23







Here's a Get Well card featuring Jaden (an SMC image). I didn't leave room for the sentiment but I think it's self explanatory. LOL

I'm not entirely happy with this card. I am not unhappy with my color selection or with my coloring job, but I'm disappointed with the size of my "circles." I imagined skinnier silver edges but I ran out of in-between sizes with my Creative Memories templates and had to make do. I embossed the solid green with the cuttlebug Holiday Ribbons embossing folder. I made it into a center opening card instead of the traditional side or bottom opening (see bottom photo).


Challenges to enter:
No Time to Stamp - Clean and Simple texture
One Stop Craft Challenge - Let it Shine
Saturday Spotlight - Birthstone color (Emerald)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW! Cheryl, this is just too sweet!! Poor giraffe!! The color Emerald on this look amazing!! I just love what you've done with it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week sweetie!! HUGS

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling card and sweet giraffe image! So fun! Glad you could include the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the textured bkgd! Thanks for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge : )

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Awww, this is such a sweet and adorable card. Love the image.
Thank you for joining us at the OSCC.
Sharon xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Cheri!! Poor little guy...so cute though. Love the emerald! Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight this week!

Crystal said...

AWWW this is soooo super cute! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!