Sunday, April 26, 2009

more cards for challenges

I am not usually a fairies kind of gal but thought I'd try it. This is for the Color Challenge at PaperCraftPlanet (pcpcolor16) The fairies were colored with generic colored pencils (they look washed out here but in real life they are much better) and the blue frame is an attempt to have graduated colors. The base card is cream/vanilla, the embossed dk. purple is hopefully "perfect" plum, and the plaid ribbon brings in the pale plum, the polka dotted flower is the only true navy color I could find but there is some dark blue around the fairies as well as what I hope is garden green. I tried to follow the sketch provided by Amy at Prairie Paper & Ink.

This card is for my card group challenge of black & blue colors and PaperCraftPlanet's Saturday Sketch Challenge sc042509. The light blue papers are a bit washed out again (at least on my monitor, and I will admit that is is slowly dying so it might not be that bad on another screen) but the top half of the background is a marbled creative memories paper and the bottom is a solid in the same CM pack. The ribbon is all I had of that so thankfully it went around the part it needed to and still made a bow (only trimmed out triangles to make notched ends). both images were Google Images/clip art and colored with whatever colored pencils I had available (some Crayola, Prang, RoseArt, etc.) at work.

2 comments:

stampingtink said...

Very sweet! Love both images and the colors.

Michelle Custodio said...

I am not a fan of the color but your craft is so beautiful. I really liked it.