Monday, September 5, 2011

Create-A-Card sketch 9-6-11

Time for another Create-A-Card SketchFirst thing you'll notice is that I didn't make this into a tall skinny card but made it be the standard 5x4ish size.
Second thing you'll notice is the lack of horizontal ricrac on the middle paper. I thought the dotted lines that looked like lined paper was reminiscent of kindergarten and the ricrac or ribbon would hide them.

I use three sheets of designer paper from the same pack (a Hobby Lobby exclusive - or at least I didn't see it anywhere else and I got it several years ago and never saw it again) and mounted it on brown cardstock. The ribbon was a Martha Stewart package of pre-made bows on close out at Walmart that I had to glue on because the adhesive had already "given up". And lastly, the image that I colored with my Bic markers is from the CDAC Progressive Challenge. I participated last month and got new images to play with this week. Hopefully I can do it again and continue to the end of the challenges.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Awesome choice of color & papers for your design and his little guy looks all ready for class! Thanks so much for joining our challenge fun at CDAC. Can't wait to see more of our wonderful creations in Round #3.

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the monochromatic look!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
Your cards are really beautiful!
Love
Jen
CDAC PC DT (TEAM B LEAD DESIGNER)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great content, I really enjoyed the insign you bring to the topic, awesome stuff!

Party Event Lighting Service Las Vegas