Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Create-A-Card sketch 1-4-11



After Christmas break, it's time to get back to making cards and time for create-a-card sketches. Here's the first sketch of 2011.
And I made this card first:
I use an image I had already colored (by Sweet and Sassy), mounted it on the same green cardstock that is on the side and that has the sentiment on it. The sentiment was framed with a Creative Memories pre-cut frame and the ribbon was a peel and stick from Walmart.

I thought the green one was a little plain so I made this one next.


I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the card base and the cardstock on the side. I use a red CatsEye inkpad to color the the raised image on the pink cardstock and I sanded the raised embossing on the red. I used a Fluffles image, colored with watercolor markers and a glittery paint in the middle of the largest flower. I had some tiny flower punches that I had ran thru my xyron a while back so I decided to use them here. The Thank You sentiment is a Studio G stamp that I cut out, and mounted on some bright pink cardstock (same as around the image above).

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year.

No comments: