Saturday, June 21, 2008

USA Cards

These cards were trying a new fold (don't know who's blog I saw it on - sorry). I know it doesn't show up well when I scan them so I have one card slightly inside so show where the edges are. The blue is embossed with clear glittery embossing powder (you can almost see it in the scan). I used Creative Memories paper for the blue and the stamp is from TAC. The USA paper is from my friend's scraps and the sequins are just something I had in a baggie from a RAK.




I didn't like how the embossed star turned out (one of those things where I thought I'd try something new because I thought the card was too plain and it didn't turn out). The star in the middle is suppose to be embossed because I saw a handmade card (from a swap) that used clear embossing over some flowers but the embossing ink left a light blue tint that hasn't gone away (it's been over 24 hours of dry time). I had to make the powder stick somehow because the powder just blows away with the heat gun (I even tried heating from underneath) but I just got rough uneven embossing. So I covered them with the sequin stars you see above to disguise it.

No comments: