Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally FINISHED !!!!!! (lots of pictures)

The Caterpillar
I had to cut the fleece apart into strips and then sew it back together to make stripped fabric then put the pattern on and cut it out. I was using my serger till the thread broke and I couldn't get it threaded back again to make ti sew correctly. I spent 2 days trying to figure it out but finally gave up. I still haven't fixed it.

The Cheshire Cat


The Birds: the Lory and the Dodo


The Queen of Hearts
The sewing machine(s) didn't like sewing the glued on sequins so I ended up sewing it by hand.


The Mouse


The White Queen and the Duchess

I had to have help sewing the costumes. I had my sewing machine break down (nest week I'll find someone to work on it since I've never had it serviced by anyone since I bought it 13 years ago) and had to have someone else sew the Red Queen's dress. I cut, and sewed Alice's dress one day at school so I didn't get a picture of it.

And here are the costumes in use
Please pardon the heads, I zoomed as much as possible but I didn't want to stand up in front of someone who might be taking a picture of their star/child.

The Rabbit and Alice


The Red Queen talking to Alice


The Caterpillar


Alice and the White Queen.


The Mad Hatter's Tea Party.


Here's the Queen with her Sequined dress.


Here's Humpty Dumpty


TweedleDee and TweedleDum

The Cheshire Cat


The Duchess and the Red Queen in the background

No comments: