Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back 2 School Tag & Pocket

These are for a swap. Part of the requirement was that there had to be 3 embellishments/alterations done to it. I wasn't sure if that meant 3 per item or 3 total so to play it safe, I did three per item. This is my first time swapping with this group and I didn't want to mess up and make others think I didn't do my fair share. But it's hard to stay generic enough that the item could be used for anyone. I chose green because that's my son's school colors but white seemed too plain so I used gold for the other because that is one of my school colors (red with green would look Christmas-y). I then realized that I just made the color combo for my husband's school. I mounted Yellow tag on Green tag cut with Cricut using Tags, Bags, and Boxes cartridge, and zigzag stitched (to make one) with metallic gold thread, Eyelet and fiber (would that count as only one or as two treatments? again, I erred on the side of doing more) and then wrote a common cheer that is chanted in school (so there's three for the tag). For the pocket, I added three brads (1), chalked the dk. green outer square (had to fill in so item #3 would show up), then used Doodlecharms to create the bus. I hope they like it and that it's embellished enough for the rules.

No comments: